– THE WORLDWATERSKIERS FOUNDATION –
LEARN ABOUT WWS AND OUR FOUNDATION
The Current ChallengesThroughout the tournament waterski community, there is deep concern over the sustainability of our sport, but the fragmented nature of waterskiing makes common solutions and unified action elusive. The result is a sport that is fractured, experiencing little growth and losing relevance in today’s culture. Tournament Waterskiing needs to adapt to the fast pace of today’s technological world. The WorldWaterSkiers Foundation will secure the resources required for WorldWaterSkiers to develop innovative and dynamic programs.
Our MissionTo promote, market and advance knowledge to increase diverse worldwide participation and excellence in the sport of water skiing through education, competition and innovation while upholding the principles of fair play.
Vision & PurposeTournament Waterskiing is evolving. At WorldWaterSkiers (WWS), we’re not just adapting . . . we’ve changed our heading, creating new innovative ideas, leveraged technology to expand our reach and keeping our organizational structure simple to get things done quickly. We now have an efficient platform to launch the new WorldWaterSkiers Foundation and develop the resources to launch the sport of Tournament Waterskiing into the future. With other countries starting to create charitable sister WWS foundations around the world, WorldWaterSkiers will connect areas of the world through organizational and data hub’s.
- Education and Awareness through Public Media - WWS wants to get Tournament Waterskiing into the public eye through all media avenues. TV, Radio, Print etc...
- Technology Development - WWS believes that it’s now time for New innovative technology to revolutionize the sport. We have been developing a new online data hub as well as integration with all existing technologies that will help bring the sport forward. We are also doing R&D on new technology to replace old hardware used in the sport.
- Growing Tournaments - WWS is organizing its own tournaments as well as partnering with existing tournaments to provide key services and educate the organizers on how to put on a successful, sustainable and profitable event.
- Grass Roots Development - WWS feels the Grass root development is the key to the future our sport. WWS will work with partnering groups to create programs that will connect world class mentoring athletes to the future stars of our sport. WWS has created a platform that enables athletes to stay connected to their water ski friends and idles around the world. A key goal is to creating an environment that is engaging for all levels to enjoy the sport of water skiing no matter what level.
The WorldWaterSkiers Foundation (EIN 83-2556192) is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization in the US.